This is the master post for all my short stories under 5,000 words. Some of the prompts come from the Workshop on Rough Trade. Others come from our writing server on Discord. And still others are self-prompted in some fashion.
None of them are beta’d. There are a variety of fandoms, central characters, relationships, and gen fic. I write in Microsoft Word and rely on it to tell me my final word count. Programs can vary in how they determine what a word is. So don’t go pasting my story into gdocs and then write to tell me my word count is off. Seriously. (Yes, that happened.)
None of the stories are connected to each other, nor are they connected to any of my other works. I may sometimes use worldbuilding, themes, or characters from another fic I’ve written. I may even write fanfic of my own work. Also, it’s possible a short story may inspire a longer work.
- They are complete as is.
- There is no plan for sequels or new “chapters.”
- None of my stories are up for adoption, including the short ones.
- They are a response to a prompt, not a prompt themselves.
- If you find inspiration in them, that’s great, but please write your own thing rather than continuing mine.
Where Keira Marcos and I write from the same, specific prompt. 2,000 – 5,000 words.
Perspective – MCU – Gen, future Dom/Tony Stark
Intervention – SGA – Gen, future John/Rodney
Jurisdiction – H50, NCIS – Tony DiNozzo/Steve McGarrett #mothership
An Unusual Malady – The Hobbit – Thorin/Bilbo
Choices – SGA, Sentinel Fusion – John/Rodney
Everybody Knows – MCU – Gen
A Common Disaster – MCU – Betty/Bruce
Daring – NCIS, Numb3rs – Pre-Tony/Ian Edgerton
The link to the prompt is to the Rough Trade Workshop, so you can see the image that inspired the story and read other answers to the prompt. You’ll have to be logged in over on Rough Trade in order to see any content on the Workshop.
The forum for Thursday Vignettes and Monthly Drabbles on the Rough Trade Workshop.
These stories are 500 – 2,000 words.
Short-story responses exploring a specific character. These stories are 1,000 – 2,000 words.
- Out – MacGyver 2016 – Tony DiNozzo/JackDalton – Prompt: Jack Dalton
- The Actual Words – NCIS, Hawaii Five-0 – Tony DiNozzo/Steve McGarrett- Prompt: Steve McGarrett
- Mend What’s Broken – Criminal Minds, NCIS – pre Tony DiNozzo/Penelope Garcia – Prompt: Penelope Garcia
- Interlude – NCIS, Hawaii Five-0 – Tony DiNozzo/Steve McGarrett & Tony/Steve/Gibbs – Prompt: Tony DiNozzo
- Force Protection – Stargate: Atlantis, NCIS – Gen – Prompt: John Sheppard
- Ruination – NCIS – pre-Toni/Cassie Yates – Prompt: Rule 63
Short-story responses to one-word thematic prompts on the Workshop. These stories are 500 – 1,000 words.
- The Broken Chain – NCIS – Gen – Prompt: Survival
- Something to Say – NCIS – pre Tony/Gibbs – Prompt: Cave
- The Calm Before the Storm – Harry Potter – pre Harry/Hermione, pre Draco/Neville – Prompt: Fury
- The Cave – SGA, NCIS – John/Rodney, Mitchell/Alex Sheppard, Carter/David Sheppard, Ronon/Matt Sheppard – Prompt: Cave
- Callous Disregard – SGA – pre John/Rodney – Prompt: Fury
- In Need of Handling – SGA – John/Rodney – Prompt: Revenge
- Saying No – NCIS – Gen – Prompt: Revenge
- Stay – NCIS – Tony/Gibbs – Prompt: Wet
- Foolishly – NCIS – Tony/Brad Pitt (the doctor, not the actor) – Prompt: Wet
- Desires – Hawaii Five-0 – Tony DiNozzo/Steve McGarrett – Prompt: Surrender
- Pink – NCIS, Harry Potter – Tony DiNozzo/Zale Wright – Prompt: Magic
- Famous Last Words – NCIS, Harry Potter – Tony DiNozzo/Zale Wright – Prompt: Sword